Sunday, January 21, 2007

Flying South

From March 10 - March 19 2007, The Rock church is sending a team to Lima Peru, I am blessed to be a part of that team. I mentioned "promptings" in my last post, this is a big one for me. Every year when the Mission trips are announced at The Rock, I have felt the pull to go, but have opted out. This year I am going! I am excited to trust God to bless our trip and also bless our support raising. This is a new realm for me.

In a nutshell, we are taking a team of 15 people to Lima, the capital of Peru. over the span of about 9 days we will do a variety of tasks, primarily we will be working with a local church made up of several deaf people. We will also be spending much time working with a large population of abandoned street children in the city. We are going to observe the needs that come up and do our best to meet them. I know we will be hanging out with the kids and coordinating sports activities (Soccer I am sure). But above all else, we will go with a servants attitude and make ourselves available.

We are the 1st group in our entire association (Great Commission Association of Churches) to send a team to Peru, it is basically an exploratory trip, which may set the stage for future trips. It is very exciting to be involved in something so new!

If you would be interested in supporting me, you can do so in 2 ways:
1)
Pray for me and my team! Pray for our travels, our health and safely and above all that God would use us in the lives of others.

2) Financial support. I need to raise over $1600 to go (it was increased from the original amount due to the airline tickets). I need the 1st half of the money by 2/5/07 and the rest by 3/2/07. Our international missions are organized through Great Commission Latin America association.
*If you are interested in supporting me in one or both ways, please email me and let me know. I can provide you with more information.

Please check back, especially after March 19th, I plan on posting pictures and updates from our trip!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy said...

Way to put your blog link in your email. Now I know it exists. I think I'll read it occasionally.

6:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home