Sunday, January 21, 2007

Promptings

Kita & I have claimed this verse for the year; 2 Thessalonians 1: 11-12 - So we keep on praying for you, asking our God to enable you to live a life worthy of his call. May he give you the power to accomplish all the good things your faith prompts you to do. 12 Then the name of our Lord Jesus will be honored because of the way you live, and you will be honored along with him. This is all made possible because of the grace of our God and Lord, Jesus Christ.

We returned from Faithwalkers, our big annual church conference this year with a freshness for our faith. Everytime I go to a church conference I always try to ask God to show me something new. He definitely did at Faithwalkers! The Lord used the teachings and the fellowship to remind me that my life is not my own, I am not on this earth to be a sponge and take take take hoping for a comfortable life. This I already knew, but it is easy to lose sight of in this country. So we drove home from Missouri on New Years eve in a bad snow/ice storm, so we had plenty of time to think. Kita & I declared that 2007 will be the year we stretch our faith.

I got home and on January 1st I cracked my Bible and came to 2 Thessalonians. The verse leaped out at me! I love how it says "May he give you the power to accomplish all the good things your faith prompts you to do". I was thinking about that, our Body was designed by God to prompt us of its basic needs. My body let's me know when I am hungry, when I must sleep, when I have to sneeze, go to the bathroom, etc. I can ignore those promptings because I don't "feel" like doing them, but there will be a consequence. When I accepted Jesus as my Lord, I received the Holy Spirit, a free gift. Since that day in 2000, I have received several promptings. Most of which I ignored, out of fear, laziness, disbelief or selfishness. There has been a consequence. There are rewards and blessings from everything we do for our God, our King. I will never know what they were, but I can con focus on the days ahead. The beauty behind that verse is that it makes it clear we need God's power to accomplish the good things our faith prompts us to do. Thank God for that!

More soon.

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home