Friday, September 08, 2006

Open Mic @ God's Comedy Club

"Trusting a fool to convey a message is as foolish as cutting off one's feet and drinking poison!"
Proverbs 26:6

Call me twisted, but I laugh out loud everytime I read this Proverb! Which is usually on the 26th of the month... I try to read the "Proverb of the day"... 31 Proverbs in the Bible... usually 31 days in a month.. works out pretty good!

Anyway... I often think in vivid pictures... so to think of a person who would cut off their feet AND drink poison is outrageous!! One is bad enough.. but BOTH? Come on God! HE must be really trying to tell us something with this warning. I think about my own life... I often have opportunities to pass along a message... I think we all do. I need to make sure that I am not the fool to do so.. because if I didn't have feet, my socks would fit a little weird, and I would feel discouraged everytime I passed by Footlocker. And Flip-Flops... I guess they would really be Stump-Stumps.

I lost my point... oh yeah! I love how God will use the most obscure analogies & comparisons to grab our attention! It is so easy to glaze through the Bible.. if we read it. But every once in a while, God throws a zinger in there, that makes you really think!

I love my God! Because he uses broken offerings to get His message across!
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home